Date: 11/2017 - 12/2017
Client: Chateau Castigno
Village Castigno is a vacation destination in the South of France. I helped with the online branding & sales issues.
My role: Product designer & UX
Skills: User-interviews, Wireframes, Client contact, Branding
Team: Owners, Managers, Hotel staff, Developer: Andres, Graphic designer: Bruster, Translator
I facilitated a Design sprint to get the main stakeholders aligned.
- Lightning talks
- Expert insights
- Usability problems
- Visual style
- Target audience
- Organizational chart
Build a roadmap to lead the production team through the redesign.
Interviews & user testing
The old website was user-tested (remote/local) to find out the biggest pain points:
- Hard to navigate between sections
- Online booking is long process
- Splash page does not inform wel
- Voice and tone is too wordy
- Text is hard read
- Visual style does not match project
A video compilation of the remote tests old site.
The content was restructured and became the foundation for a new sitemap and navigation.
Quantitative data was used to identify the default language homepage
Based on interviews and sprint info we made persona’s and shared them with the team.
Hand sketch --> Wireframing --> Graphic design
I would love to go there, this site makes me wanna go on vacation.
– Sarah, during user testing
- Increased online sales of hotel rooms
- Increased time spend on website
- Easier to follow up leads
- Less questions about opening hours and location
Online booking system:
The ability to book a room online is now a big part of their revenue. The booking module we installed is such a sucess that it is currently being upgraded.